Capt. Ozzie Lessinger
Ozzie Lessinger learned to fish before he could walk. His father, an avid fisherman, put 6-month-old Ozzie in a backpack carrier and placed a fishing pole in his hand and taught him to fish.
Ozzie was hooked, so to speak. After finishing college with a degree in marketing and trying his hand in the corporate world, Ozzie traded his suit and tie in for a fishing pole and some flip flops.
In 1990 he moved to Sanibel where he fulfilled a lifelong dream and established himself as a full-time fishing guide in 1994. He lives in Fort Myers with his wife, Jennifer, sons Sam and Gus, and daughter Sadie.
Call now: 239-896-6123
17ʼ Action Craft Flats boat
The boat can accommodate up to 3 anglers. My boat was specifically designed to safely traverse and fish the shallow waters of our area, offering my clients the ultimate fishing experience.
- We welcome anglers of all experience levels from the complete novice to experienced anglers.
- No fishing license required
- Captain Ozzie is a professional captain licensed and insured
- Everything is included except whatever you want to eat or drink. There is a cooler on the boat
- You should bring or wear a hat, sunscreen and sunglasses
- Dress for the season and remember that during the winter months it is cooler on the water than on land -A windbreaker is always a good idea
- Snook – We catch snook February through November though it’s only legal to keep them March, April, September, October, and November. Snook have a slot limit – they have to be between 28 to 33 inches to keep. Only one per angler.
- Tarpon – Tarpon have a mind of their own, but usually, start appearing in local waters beginning in April and stay through June sometimes into July or even October if you’re lucky! However, there are no guarantees with Tarpon so if you want to be sure to jump one you’ll want to book your trip for May or June. The average tarpon is 80 to 100 pounds, but fish to almost 200 pounds are not uncommon. Tarpon is strictly a catch and release species.
- Redfish – We catch redfish year round. You can keep one per angler with a slot limit of 18 to 27 inches.
- Trout – We catch trout year round. You are allowed four per person with a slot limit of 15 to 20 inches.
- We catch several other species including sharks, cobia, bluefish, mackerel, and ladyfish.
Type of fishing: Inshore
Weather: Click here to see current weather
Pick up Locations: McCarthy’s Marina
Ozzie began fishing tournaments in 1994. He won the first tournament he ever competed in and has been a consistent top-five finisher ever since. He’s competed in more than 100 tournaments with over 20 first place finishes. His tournament history includes local tournaments such as the Caloosa Catch and Release series, the Flatsmasters series, and the Professional Tarpon Tournament series. On a national level, Ozzie has fished in the FLW Redfish Tour, the Southern King Fish Association tour and the ESPN Redfish Cup where he and his partner had three top-ten finishes in 2008.
Full Day Fishing $800
Half Day Fishing $450
Three-Quarter Day $600
Half Day Shelling/Sightseeing $400
Where We Fish:
We leave from McCarthy’s Marina on Captiva and do the majority of our fishing in Pine Island Sound. Usually, we fish within 15 minutes of the marina in shallow waters.